Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 6:00pm to Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 8:30pm
WSU Extension Forestry
A forestry course for property owners
Topics covered include:
- How do you know if your trees are healthy? What should you do if they aren’t?
- Are characteristics of your property attracting or repelling the wildlife you enjoy? What can you do if wildlife cause damage?
- Are there certain trees you should always keep or remove? How do you cut trees without damaging your land?
- What types of trees do you have? Does your forest look like a “mess”?
- How do you know if your trees need to be thinned, and how do you go about it?
- How do you identify and mitigate fire risks?
- Are invasive and noxious weeds taking over your underbrush? What are the risks and what can you do about it?
- What kind of soil do you have and how does that affect what grows?
- Can you successfully generate income from harvesting timber? How do you work with loggers?
- How do you increase biodiversity and foster old growth type forest conditions??
For more information and registration, visit this WSU Forestry Extension web site.