University of Washington’s Pack Forest Field Research Station - 9010 453rd St E, Eatonville, WA 98328
The inaugural Pacific Northwest Bigleaf Maple Festival will take place at the University of Washington Pack Forest in Eatonville, Washington on May 14th. Click HERE to view the event flier with all the details.
- Each session will be 20 minutes in length and will start on the half hour at 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, and 3:00. You need not attend sequentially:
- Identifying bigleaf maple
- Growing bigleaf maple
- Tapping demonstration
- Collection demonstration
- Evaporator/processing demonstration
- Tour of Pack Forest sugar shack
- Maple products demonstration
Taste Testing: Taste testing of seven syrups, including five local bigleaf maple syrups.
Equipment Display: Displays of materials, supplies, and equipment.
Food: BBQ Junkies food truck from Eatonville will be available between 11:00-3:00, including a bigleaf maple beer on the menu. You are welcome to bring your own food but no alcohol please.
Live Music: Balcony Bridge, a rock band from Fremont, Seattle.
- All educational stations will be outside – please dress appropriately.
- Adults may take home a sample 1oz bottle of bigleaf syrup and can participate in the official taste test (children can also taste).
- Come and go as you please between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Parking is limited; please follow directions from our parking attendants.
Questions? Email email@example.com or 253-218-8872.
Registration: $10 per adult (16+); no charge for children under 16. Pre-registration is required (see link below) and is non-refundable. Space is limited, and registration will be closed after 150 registrations or 280 adults, whichever comes first. We cannot accept registrations at the event. Click for required Pre-registration; tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
This conference is made possible through funding by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agriculture Marketing Service (AMS), Acer Access and Development and Program.