WFFA Investment Fund - The mission of the WFFA Investment Fund is to create financial stability and sustainability for the educational mission of the Washington Farm Forestry Association.
Gifts will be used for:
- Educational events, such as Field Days
- Community outreach
Your support can be in the form of:
- Gifts of cash - may be mailed to the WFFA Investment Fund, PO Box 1010, Chehalis, WA 98532
- Gifts of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- Bequest in a will
- Life insurance benefits
- Gifts of timberland - may be managed by the Family Forest Legacy, LLC for long-term financial benefit to heirs or beneficiaries
To have someone contact you to discuss the donation of a non-cash gift, please give your name and contact information to WFFA at firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-388-7074 or PO Box 1010, Chehalis, WA 98532. There is also a brochure available for download that explains further details.
Steven D. Stinson Leadership in Natural Resources Scholarship:
A specific subset of the WFFA Investment Fund is the Steven D. Stinson Leadership in Natural Resources Scholarship. To honor Steve, WFFA has established a scholarship fund in his name, initiated by the generous donation of $20,000 from Port Blakely. Additional generous contributions have grown the Fund to over $176,000. The goal is to increase the scholarship fund to ensure a perpetual source of support is available for students majoring in natural resource studies.
The 2022 Steven D. Stinson Leadership in Natural Resources Scholarships were awarded to Matthew Scheuber, Cole Zandell and Hunter Hinners. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our awardees were not able to accept their awards at our 2022 Annual Meeting, as one was not held. Our Scholarship Committee contacted each awardee with the news of their scholarship. Please click here to view the scholarship award page for Matthew, Cole and Hunter. The 2022 Scholarships are for the following awards:
- Matthew Scheuber, to continue his studies in Forest Engineering/Civil Engineering at Oregon State University;
- Cole Zandell, to support his pursuit of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology at Montana State University; and
- Hunter Hinners, to support his pursuit of a Natural Resources Degree at Grays Harbor College.
The 2023 Steven D. Stinson Leadership in Natural Resources Scholarship - WFFA is proud to announce the 2023 offering of the Steven D. Stinson Leadership in Natural Resources Scholarship. This will be the eighth annual offering, made available to WFFA members, families and affiliates. The scholarship is a maximum of $6,000 split between college students majoring in natural resources and Ag-Forestry Leadership Program applicants. Please click on the 2023 Scholarship Announcement for details. The due-date for scholarship applicants is March 15, 2023, and the scholarship awardee(s) will be notified by April 15, 2023.
Donations to the scholarship fund are always welcome. Please visit the Family Forest Foundation website to make your online contribution or make your check payable to Family Forest Foundation with a note that it is for the Stinson Scholarship Fund, and mail to FFF, PO Box 1364, Chehalis, WA 98532.