· Non-profit (501-c5), non-governmental, membership-based Association
· 1400 Family memberships (representing 10,000 people) managing over 150,000 acres
· Organized with 16 Chapters, representing geographic regions of our state, each with their own
President and Officers
· Guided by a 28-member Board of Directors, with representation from each Chapter
The interests of the Washington Farm Forestry Association are as diverse as our membership.
With ownerships ranging from a few acres to a few thousand acres, the membership manages
these forests for timber, other forest products, recreation, aesthetics, wildlife, fish, and
phenomenological reasons of ownership.
Our Motto is: Stewards of the Land...for Generations to Come.
Our Slogan is: A crop today, another tomorrow through good forest management.
Our Purpose is: To reduce the regulations that are keeping the next generation from
choosing this as a viable and attractive way of life.
· 64% ‘owned’ by government and 36% (8 million acres) is privately owned.
· Over half of the forestland in private ownership (5 million acres) is owned by 90,000 “Small Forest Landowners”.