Washington Farm Forestry Association (WFFA) is an organization of small forest land owners.
Our goals are:
- to provide educational programs for our members to help them manage their forest land better;
- to be a voice representing small forest land owners in Olympia;
- to promote fair taxation and regulation on the federal, state, and local government levels so that forest management can continue for generations to come;
- to increase public awareness of family-owned forests.
Upcoming Chapter Events
- Aug. 12 (Tentative): South Sound Chapter - Tour of a Tree Farm with a Conservation Agreement
- Aug. 13: Yacolt - Clark Chapter - Thinning at Various Ages - Pomeroy Farm - Details
- Aug. 15: Frances - Forest Owners Field Day at the Custer Creek Tree Farm - Details and Registration
- Aug. 15: Castle Rock - Cowlitz Chapter - Tour of Pre-Commercial Thinning Unit at Ogden Tree Farm - Details
- Aug. 15: Black Lake - Northeast Chapter - Summer Field Day at Hesseltine Property - Details
- Aug. 16: Lincoln Creek - Lewis Chapter - LCFFA Tour of Steve Webster's Tree Farm
- Aug. 29: Easton - Kittitas Chapter - Fall Meeting & BBQ - Vic & Lisa Monahan's Cabin Creek Tree Farm - Details available later
- Sept. 9: South Sound Chapter - Tour of DNR Meridian Seed Orchard by Jeff DeBell
- Oct. 14: South Sound Chapter Meeting - Management Plans & Forest Stewardship Plans by John Henrikson
- Nov. 11: South Sound Chapter Meeting - Program Planning for 2016
A WFFA Scholarship in Natural Resources was started in May 2014 with a $20,000 donation from Port Blakely Tree Farms. It was named after Steven D. Stinson after his passing in July 2014.
At the 2015 WFFA Annual Meeting, a raffle was held with all proceeds to go to the scholarship. The photos above show some of the lovely items that were donated and the lucky winners. $4150 was raised by the raffle, and with other generous donations that have been made, the scholarship fund is now close to $50,000. A committee has been formed and will begin the process of awarding a scholarship in the near future.
Donations to the scholarship fund are always welcome. Make your check payable to WFFA with a note that it is for the scholarship fund.