Washington Farm Forestry Association (WFFA) is an organization of small forest land owners.
Our goals are:
- to provide educational programs for our members to help them manage their forest land better;
- to be a voice representing small forest land owners in Olympia;
- to promote fair taxation and regulation on the federal, state, and local government levels so that forest management can continue for generations to come;
- to increase public awareness of family-owned forests.
Upcoming Chapter Events
- March 6: Battleground - Clark County Farm Forestry Association Annual Meeting & Potluck - Officer Elections, Tree Farmer of the Year Presentation and Guest Speaker - See Clark Chapter page for more details
- March 7: Silverdale - Olympic Chapter Annual Meeting - Josh Himsl, Natural Resources Conservation Service Forester will speak to us regarding 1) How the NRCS Can Assist You In Managing Your Timberland and 2) Computer Programs/Software/Apps That Can Help with Tree Farm Management - visit the Olympic Chapter page for more details
- March 17: White Salmon - Mt. Adams Chapter Meeting - Assessors Gabe Spencer (Skamania County) and Crista Schroder (Klickitat County) will discuss Taxes on Forest Land - See Mt. Adams Chapter page for more details
- March 21: Northwest Washington Fairgrounds' Henry Jansen Ag Center - Whatcom County Farm Forestry Association - Annual Tree Sale - Please email [email protected] or visit the Whatcom County Chapter page for more details
- April 10: Northwood Hall - Whatcom Chapter Annual Meeting
- April 30-May 2: Great Wolf Lodge, Grand Mound - WFFA Annual Meeting, hosted by Lewis County Farm Forestry Association
- June 6: Ken & Bonnie Miller's Tree Farm, Olympia - South Sound Chapter "Mini Field Day" - Show-and-Tell Demonstration of the WFFA's stream buffers template proposal - look for more information to be posted soon on the South Sound Chapter page
- June 20: Ron & Jane Vukonich's Tree Farm, near Ronald - 2015 Eastern WA Family Forest Field Day - Please email [email protected] or visit the Kittitas Chapter page for more details