Washington Farm Forestry Association (WFFA) is an organization of small forest land owners.
Our goals are:
- to provide educational programs for our members to help them manage their forest land better;
- to be a voice representing small forest land owners in Olympia;
- to promote fair taxation and regulation on the federal, state, and local government levels so that forest management can continue for generations to come;
- to increase public awareness of family-owned forests.
Looking for a Great Gift Idea?
Purchase Gift Memberships for your adult children as part of your succession planning! Encourage the next generation of Stewards of the Land.
Upcoming Chapter Events
May 4: Puyallup - Pierce Chapter - Kelsey Ketcheson, Forestry Program Coordinator, South King County, WSU Extension
- May 10: Olympia - South Sound Chapter - Your Tree Farm's Future - Possibilities for leaving a legacy. Details
- May 14: Cle Elem - Kittitas Chapter - Wildfire Community Preparedness Day & Station 73 Open House - Details
- May 17: Chehalis - Lewis Chapter - Forest Practices Applications, by Brooke Acosta
- June 4: South Sound Chapter - Mini Field Day at Ken & Bonnie Miller's
- June 17 and 18: WFFA Annual Meeting at the Olympia Red Lion Hotel (June 17) and the American Tree Farm System 75th Anniversary Celebration of Sustainable Forestry in Montesano (June 18) - see Details in the right side bar column
- July 19: Chehalis - Lewis County Chapter - To Thin or Not to Thin? Tour of B&D Tree Farm, owned by Bryon & Donna Loucks and Annual Picnic
- July 21: Grays Harbor Chapter - Growing Cedar, Tour of Andrej & Nancy Romanovsky's tree farm near Brady.
WFFA 2016 Annual Meeting - Celebrating 75 Years of Sustainable Forestry
A celebration of this significant milestone has been planned in conjunction with the WFFA 2016 Annual Meeting. Friday, June 17th, the WFFA Annual Meeting will be held at the Red Lion Hotel Olympia and will highlight Our Diversity as Our Strength. Saturday, June 18th, in Montesano, there is a free public event that will focus on the 75th Anniversary of the ATFS.
For more details, view the Annual Meeting Brochure and Registration Form. Please send in your payment and completed Registration Form by May 13. If you have questions about the Annual Meeting or ATFS 75th Anniversary Celebration, contact Kelly Zandell at [email protected] or 360-388-7074.